One Clever Ape

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Her name was Alison

Her name was Alison, and she was a Safeway girl who went travelling across the world, leaving me to pick up the pieces of a lost best friend who had decided she didn't want a friendship anymore, for apparently no reason whatsoever.

I worked with her for a year, and we grew close, but I was taken and she was out of my league anyway (was she, though?). Her brother, the big baldy bastard that he is, hated me with some kind of testoserone fuelled, already been done for assault in the past, zeal.

We were joined at the hip, and everyone thought there was something more, there really should have been.

She fell out with me because I couldn't go to her birthday party, I seen her once after that, before she left for Australia. I'm aware this is a rambling smudge of a blog, but it's getting hazy and I don't want to lose it, it has to be written down in at least one place.

She didn't even say goodbye.

Here's to lost chances and broken friendships!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home