One Clever Ape

Friday, July 14, 2006

Precious little time

Hello dear reader(s)!

My dad told me something a while back, and it's really starting to sink in now.

He said to me "Starke, there are millions of dead rich people out there, and they'd give every penny of it just to be alive for one more minute, time isn't money, money doesn't even come close"

My Grampa told him that, funnily enough.

The reason it's sinking in is because I realise I'm stuck in a shitty, dead-end temp job, my hands hurt like hell as my RSI threatens to start taking over my whole life, as opposed to just being the painful nuisance it is just now.

I'm gathering my safety money for a month or two then quitting this scum-hole, I mean, why should I while away my life making some other guy rich and happy and comfortable, while my hands throb and my social life dwindles?

My dad's now a taxi driver, and that's what I plan on doing. It may not be the most glamorous work, but it gives me the freedom to work when I please, I don't have to ruin my tendons and nerves by typing constantly, the money's about 4 times better than I get as an office drone, and I get out and about, meeting people and enjoying summer when it comes around.

I'd urge you all to make the most of your time in this mortal coil, not necessarily doing good things like charity work or whatever. Be selfish! Do something which gives you time to do other things, stuff that you actually WANT to be doing.

You can always earn more money, you can never reclaim time.

2 Comments:

  • How very profound! Your dad, sorry, grampa, was obviously quite astute. Despite being a firm believer in "Money can't buy time" I will still argue the toss over an unfair $3.85 charge. (As I done this weekend.) And spent more than an hour calling interstate to do so...!

    Yeah I know the phone call alone cost more than the eventual refund. Nevertheless, like time, victory is also a priceless commodity.....!

    (LOL! Sorry for this childish remark but your word verification at the moment spells a farting sound! "Pffzzrt"!) I'm a serious kind of mature guy. Can you tell?!

    By Blogger Only me, at 11:22 pm  

  • Victory makes time worthwhile! It also makes rape that little bit sweeter.

    Also, you totally stuck it to the MAN, so you get extra points etc.

    Keep reading, I really will update soon, I promise!

    By Blogger Starke, at 9:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home